Tuesday 9 September 2014

Back at it......

Blogging is definitely not for the faint of heart.:) Kudos to those who are able to do this every day.  Having a blog about personal finances remains a tug of war for me.   When I first began writing, I started to research. I read blogs and read books, and suddenly I felt myself focusing towards it and thinking about it a lot.  And truth be told, I don't want to be focused on money...in fact, that's the whole purpose of this blog, is to find ways to have enough so that finances aren't the first and foremost thought on your mind.

So, honestly, I enjoyed the breather of the summer...I took a break.  Well, not really because there are a few things still staring at me in the face that are requiring me to think about money.
First, my husband, although still employed currently, is still looking for employment (as we have actively done for the last 8 months to no avail).  Fortunately for us, his job has yet to end, although the company was going to shut down a couple of months ago.   We are lucky in that he will be able to go on UI until he finds something else...but unlucky in that surviving on what you get on UI, will be challenging.

Second...the never ending dental dilemnas!!!!! Seriously...I can not believe how many difficulties myself and family have had with dental.  (And by the way...we do brush and floss on a daily basis).  Bad tooth genetics I guess.  Regardless, paying for the services needed is so stressful, and I say that coming from a home with a fairly good income.  I cannot even imagine what someone does who may not have a good benefit plan or none at all or is a senior etc.  
I am currently sitting on trying to decide on whether to get an implant, and about a $800 dollar dental bill for my youngest who is having some teeth issues due to health problems (and that is with benefits.)  At present, I am fortunate to have the resources to pay for it...but its painful...especially when you try so hard to save money in other areas, to watch it go toward something you cant even choose. 

My sister was recently telling me about something she heard on the radio.  Apparently they are trying to increase the minimum wage in the States, and she was listening to someone who said that they interviewed people in Seattle that were on minimum wage and asked what they would do if they had a higher wage, and many of them said that they would get their teeth fixed.  Wow.  Puts things into perspective a little bit.

 I always think that if I ever ended up with extra resources that is what one of my areas of help would like to be in - to help people that need assistance getting dental work done.

Blogging about being wealthy - to me means having balance.  To be able to have rich relationships with others - and to have time to spend developing memories with those people, and enough time, energy and resources to help others.  The quest for seeking wealth is often there because we think that if we have enough resources, we can buy the things that we seek after...good health, beauty, friends, clothing, food and shelter, happiness and peace of mind, faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment